Form & Function in Harmony
A poor acoustic scheme can ruin an otherwise highly successful project; it can significantly impair the use of a facility or enjoyment of a space, and may even render a building unusable for its intended purpose.
At Acoustical Control, we help architects plan smart acoustic designs. We often work as part of the multidisciplinary development team to assess potential sites or develop design proposals.
Our approach helps architects to:
- Understand: how acoustics relates to different aspects of the development.
- Identify: the range of potential acoustic solutions and select the most appropriate one.
- Solve: the acoustic challenges without compromising other criteria such as spatial constraints, airflow, aesthetic, and maintenance requirements.
With our state-of-the-art instrumentation and technology, we perform fully attended acoustic surveys to deliver the high quality data necessary for a thorough analysis and assessment. Our aim is to aid your decision-making process by providing the information you need in a clear and accessible manner, underscored by our years of experience both as acoustic consultants and acoustic engineers.
Some of the architectural related work we have undertaken includes:
- Leeds Metropolitan University – new Film & Moving Image Production facility in Grade II listed building development, above bars/ restaurants.
- Development of offices near to three airports.
- Wm Morrison Supermarkets Plc – development of M Academy training facility.
- Kingsway International Christian Centre – conversion of disused Grade II listed cinema to church.
- Colchester 6th Form College – new environmentally friendly multiuse building.